Here is a small sampling of Lawrence’s transformative teaching engagements:
- Co-taught a 7-day residential retreat at Spirit Rock Meditation Center with Joanna Macy and Donald Rothberg entitled, “Transforming Distressing States of Body, Mind and Heart – For Ourselves and Our World.”
- Co-led the workshop/retreat “Living Deeply: The Art and Science of Transformation” at Esalen Institute with Dr. Cassandra Vieten, co-author of the book by the same title, and President of IONS.
- Served as one of the Core Teachers for a series of Men of Color retreats at the East Bay Meditation Center with Larry Yang and other teachers.
- Guest teacher in the inaugural session of the Path of Engagement, a two-year program for social justice activists with a contemplative practice.
- Co-taught, with Donald Rothberg, several offerings of the popular workshop: “Keeping Cool in the Fire: Becoming More Skillful with Inner or Outer Conflict.”